Welcome

This is my blog madeover to include other residents of Pleasantview as I try my hand at running it from their point of view.

There is a bit of strategic nudity occasionally and I write as I feel the sims would talk so there is also "adult language." (that makes me laugh.....so how adult am I?) Anywho, you've been warned!

Visit homepage of Pleasantview's most prominent famlily: Taylor Family Legacy

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Moving On

Ok, so me and my hubby, Damien, have decided to move out of the family house. My nephew Kyler Dewayne is next in line to inherit the house and it's just too lonely there without the girls. And I think that KD really needs some time to himself. He's seeing a really nice girl and we always feel that we're in the way. I'm trying to convince my brother AJ and his wife to move into the same complex with us so that we can hang out again. Maybe I can even convince my oldest brother Christian to move in. We checked this one out but the bedroom was too small....we couldn't even fit our bed inside!

But after a few days of searching, we found the perfect apartment in Bluewater Village. Damien signed the lease and we had our brand new apartment! We took the furniture from the house because KD wants to redecorate it to his own tastes. So we really didn't have buy too much for apartment.

Damien has fallen into that old man blues, which is another reason that I wanted to move. You know, sitting around reading the newspaper and making random comments about the weather.....we're not even that old! So I think the move will make him want to experience life a little more.......I hope.....that and if I can convince AJ and Arlen to get an apartment here as well.

I still love to paint! Now I have my easel outside and I paint sunrises and sunsets. We also still have the store to run although I'm thinking of selling it and going on a tour of the world. You only live once and this is the time in our lives that me and Damien should be out having fun. I'm even thinking of dying my hair! I'm much too young for all this gray. After all, 56 is not that old!

We invited Jayla and our first grandchild, Katelyn, over to see our new place. I am so proud of Jayla. She models, she goes to school, and now she even has her own sorority house. There is no end to her talent!
We talk about how her classes are going and how she loves ordering the pledges around. She's going to put Eliza Ambrel in charge of the house once she graduates next year. It's amazing that the two girls have become so close. When AJ and Arlen remarried, we were worried that Eliza Ambrel would blame AJ for the split between her folks. But she quickly came to love AJ as her own father and she fits in perfectly with our family. I consider her my niece, even if she isn't blood related!
Katelyn has Damien wrapped around her little finger! We really thought that Angela was going to wait until she was older to have kids because of her modeling, but we were estatic when she had Katelyn. She's a cute mix of her mother and father at the moment, but who knows who she'll end up looking like when she's older. Damien just whirled her around and round, listening to her laugh and watching her smile.

He asked her how she felt about her mom and dad having a new baby and her response was that she couldn't wait! She felt pretty lonely being an only child and really wanted a little sister.

Soon both girls had to get home and while it made me sad to see them go, I was so glad they came to visit. I really think this apartment living will be good for me and Damien. We moved into my parents house right after graduation and that's the only place we have ever lived. I'm anxious to see how it will feel living away from Pleasantview.

Katelyn is such a cutie! Kyoshi is going to have his hands full when she becomes a teenager! Maybe she'll want to go into modeling like her mom.......but I kinda hope she doesn't, there are many other things she could be besides just another pretty face!

Damien surprised me when he told me he wanted to take me out on a date! A date? We haven't been on a real date since Angela was born. I was really excited and let my hair down and changed. He can be very romantic when he puts his mind to it!

As we walked to the cab and I looked at the setting sun, I realized just how lucky I really am. I have a great husband, two wonderful daughters and a beautiful granddaughter, had a successful career, and now I get to be lazy and go on dates with my husband!

We went to Le Magnifique and Damien proposed a toast to our new life. He hadn't really talked much about the move, but now he seemed optimistic with all the opportunities we now had without a large household to run......we'll leave that to KD!

He was really sweet while we were out and we even held hands like we were in high school! I realize now how much we had settled into a boring existence.....well now it is going to change!

We played a little chess after dinner and, as usual, I beat Damien's butt! He always hates it when I win but still insists on playing me......he's a sucker for punishment!

Ah, yes....this moving is going to be the best thing that has happened to us! Bring on the golden years!

No comments:

Post a Comment