Welcome

This is my blog madeover to include other residents of Pleasantview as I try my hand at running it from their point of view.

There is a bit of strategic nudity occasionally and I write as I feel the sims would talk so there is also "adult language." (that makes me laugh.....so how adult am I?) Anywho, you've been warned!

Visit homepage of Pleasantview's most prominent famlily: Taylor Family Legacy

Monday, July 27, 2009

You Won't Believe it!

So my game crashed Friday.....I mean really just went caput and I've had to start over. I can't believe it! My entire legacy family is gone, other than the few characters I had packaged. I hadn't backed my game up in a long time and instead of back tracking by months, I've decided to simply erase all the hoods that came with the game and start my own.......the few characters that I could save will serve as townies. So the Taylor bloodline isn't completely lost. My game will now be backed up VERY REGULARLY as I cannot stand starting over again.......I spent the weekend building my city and have gotten pretty far along with it. It's called Crystal Bay and can be found here. For those of you who were actually following my blog, please continue to do so with Crystal Bay.

7 comments:

  1. Oh man!! That sucks!! I'm sorry!!:( I'll make sure to link to your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your neighborhood! I am following Crystal Bay now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooooo! OMG! This is why I preach to back up your hood at least once a week. I'm so sorry this happened. NOOOOO! I feel your pain. I thought I lost Riverdale back in late 2007 and I was sick. I mean sick. I even started to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phoenix - it really does suck! So much time invested just down the drain!
    Anthony - Thanks for relinking me and continuing to follow me!
    Riverdale - Trust me, I wanted to toss my freaking laptop over the balcony! I will be sure to update more regularly with Crystal Bay! I was able to save some of the characters though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could try extracting thier data with SimPE and then you could recreate all your characters. I've had to do it several times with Apple Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was only able to recreate a few of them and I didn't want to go through the trouble of redoing all of their family ties so I've decided to start over.......of course, I will be backing my game up more regularly this time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your hood! I'd cry if it happened to me, I really would.

    But I'm looking forward to what will happen with Crystal Bay.

    ReplyDelete