Welcome

This is my blog madeover to include other residents of Pleasantview as I try my hand at running it from their point of view.

There is a bit of strategic nudity occasionally and I write as I feel the sims would talk so there is also "adult language." (that makes me laugh.....so how adult am I?) Anywho, you've been warned!

Visit homepage of Pleasantview's most prominent famlily: Taylor Family Legacy

Monday, July 13, 2009

Whatever the Lady Wants......

Life has been extremely busy for us lately! Zoe was so unhappy in her job as restaurant manager that we decided to open up one for ourselves! I'm not going to blow through the family money, but I think a restaurant is a solid investment. So now Zoe has a diner that we named Zoe's! We built it in the suburbs of Pleasantview because there aren't that many restaurants here. Zoe, of course, will be the chef.We have the host station up from and a nectar bar in the back. Zoe said that she's never seen a nectar bar in a place and she feels this will set her apart from other restaurants.
There's not a lot of seating, but we will add that as we gain more customers. I told Zoe not to expect a swarm during her grand opening. Restaurants grew more by word of mouth so she would need to build up loyalty.
We put an old fashion jukebox in the back, along with a dartboard and a photobooth. I think the place turned out pretty nice considering the budget I gave her to work with when she was building it. My Aunt Jordan and her husband added money to the family account when they lived in the house and I want to do the same so that the next person who lives here can live just as comfortably as I am right now.
She hired a really nice guy to serve as the waiter. The first day only brought in a few people but they all seemed very happy with the service and the food they received.
Zoe was very pleased with how things went and she can't wait until she makes enough money to add on to the restaurant. I told her it may take a while to do that but Zoe is so excited that it doesn't matter!
Soon after the grand opening, we found out that Zoe was pregnant! That didn't take as long as I would have hoped, but Zoe is so happy and whatever makes her happy, makes me happy. She's just a really great person and she's going to be a fabulous mom. And she looks beautiful carrying my child.......
We went nuts when we started decorating the nursery. We decided to do it in a neutral color just in case we decide to have another child. This way we won't have to redo the nursery.
I got called away on a gaming convention and so I had to leave Zoe behind. She was really far along in the pregnancy so I was really worried about leaving her. I asked my parents to check in on her and make sure she was ok. I asked her to PLEASE not have the baby while I was away. She laughed and said it wasn't up to her.
And it indeed wasn't up to her! The day before I was scheduled to arrive back, Zoe went into labor! I was very sad when she called me later and let me know. I missed the birth of our first child!
Chandler Taylor is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. He's just too cute. Looks just like his old man! He has Zoe's hair and my dad's eyes which surprised us. We weren't expecting him to have blue eyes since neither of us do, but he does and they're gorgeous!
Zoe spent the night taking care of little Chandler and decided that she would call my parents to come over the next day. I wasn't due to arrive back in until that evening. My mom was excited about seeing her grandbaby anyway. She still gets excited even though she already has 5 grandkids!
Zoe wasted no time calling them over. She had never taken care of babies before and wanted to make sure she was doing it right. I told her that my mom would try to take over and that she would have to remind her that SHE is his mother, not my mom. Zoe said she could handle it.
My dad was so happy that we had a boy. He has 3 granddaughters and now he has 3 grandsons. When Zoe told him that Chandler has his eyes, he almost started crying! AJ Taylor may have once been a big rockstar, but he's as soft as a marshmallow!
Zoe told my mom that she was nervous about being a mom. My mom just laughed and said that every woman is nervous with their first child. She told her to be glad that she only had one, her first pregnancy ended with twins! My mom is confident that Zoe will be a great mom. She didn't try to take over like I thought she would. But I guess by now she knows that's not the way to do it.
And so I'm back now and it's hard for me to put little Chandler down. I mean sure, I've played with my neices and nephews when they were children, but it's just so different when it's your child.......
Man, I'm a dad......I really wanted to wait and put off kids so I could have more time with Zoe. But I realize now that I was being selfish......I couldn't picture my life without my son.....he's the center of my life now........
And while I love my dad, I will be a much better father and husband than he was. I would never leave Zoe and Chandler behind to chase some woman. I guess you live and you learn.......

1 comment:

  1. Aww! You can tell how much he loves his son - it really comes through!

    ReplyDelete