Welcome

This is my blog madeover to include other residents of Pleasantview as I try my hand at running it from their point of view.

There is a bit of strategic nudity occasionally and I write as I feel the sims would talk so there is also "adult language." (that makes me laugh.....so how adult am I?) Anywho, you've been warned!

Visit homepage of Pleasantview's most prominent famlily: Taylor Family Legacy

Thursday, July 16, 2009

No Turning Back

This is the conclusion (kind of) of my first mini-story within my legacy. The events of this will of course have an effect on on the lives of the family, but after this, I will go on with their lives as I was doing before.....that is until the next itch to do another mini story comes along! For this to make sense, click on the mini-story 1 category and start with "Opening Up the Past".






Today I had my first fight ever with my wife. And it shouldn't have even happened. I've been staying out late after work to plan a job with my brother Rodney. What kind of job? Rodney and I used to be paid assassins. We worked for a guy named 00 who we were never allowed to even see. I never really had a problem taking out other people. It was just a job. Then we got a call about Skip Broke. I never see the aftermath of one of our hits. But when we did that, we didn't realize that he had a family. Or a pregnant wife. I couldn't deal with it after that so I left and Rodney had to leave as well. I thought that was all behind me until Rodney told me that 00 wanted us to do one last job for him. And when 00 requests something, he gets it. Tonight is the night that we have to take care of this last job. And I don't even know who it is yet!
After work, I headed over to Rodney's crummy apartment. We made alot of money before we got out, but Rodney still chooses to live like this. I don't know about him sometimes. I get to his apartment thinking that we would get right to business.
"Ok Rodney, who is the mark?"
"What? No hey Rodney how you doing? Hey Rodney how's life?"
"Rodney who the hell is it?"
Rodney looks down at his hands as if they hold the answer. What the hell is going on?
"Taj, you love your wife don't you? And your kids?"
"What does that have to do with anything? You know I do," I said.
"You know that 00 expects this to be taken care of tonight, right? That he doesn't give exceptions. That he doesn't allow any failures."
"My God, Rodney, who is it?"
"This isn't a movie Taj. We could lose our lives if this doesn't go perfectly. Or worse, we could end up in jail. We've never left any evidence behind. Never had a problem before. This can mbe no different. It's just a job."
I walk off and look on the table at the assault rifle he has laid there.
"Damn, no silencer? You do realize this is an apartment complex don't you?" I asked.
"This is the worst part of Pleasantview. Gunshots are common. Come sit down Taj."
"I'm going to tell you who the mark is. Before I do, remember who you are doing this for. Your life isn't the only one at stake if this goes bad. My life is too. And so are the lives of your family."
"Rodney, with will stop with all the drama and just tell me who we have to kill!" I yelled.
"AJ Taylor."
"Have you lost your fucking mind? My father-in-law? You want me to kill my father-in-law? No, no way Rodney. I can't do that to him. To Gabby. He's never done anything to anyone!"

"You don't have to kill him Taj. I will. You just need to get him over here. He's going to die either way. Now either you can watch Gabby and those kids get killed too, or you can suck it up and get this done so you can go on with your life."
"Get on with my life? You think I can look Gabby in her eyes every day from here to eternity knowing that I was responsible for her father's death? I can't do this," I said. How could he expect me to kill AJ? He's never been anything but kind to me.
"This isn't up for debate. You're going to get on that phone and ask him to come over here. Tell him that you're having problems with Gabby. Whatever it takes. Then you're going to act normal and talk to him until I can take care of this. I'm not going to die because you suddenly got a conscience! Are you that stupid? You think all those other people we did didn't have families too? You think Skip Broke was the first? No one told you to go play daddy! No one told you to throw away what we built because you suddenly felt guilty. It's over Taj. We're doing this. Now pull out that damn phone and dial!" he yelled.
He was right. There was no way out of this. If 00 wanted it done, it was done. If we didn't do it, AJ would still die and 00 would hunt both me and Rodney down. It had to be done.
"Hello, AJ? Hey it's Taj, how are you doing? Me? Well I'm not doing so good. Yea, me and Gabby had a fight and I'm over to my brother's house. I was wondering if you could come by so we could talk. That's great, let me give you the address," I said, telling him where Rodney lived.
I stared out the window and soon saw AJ walking up to the building. He had a worried look on his face and my guilt ate more and more at me. This man honestly cared about me. And I was about to kill him and possibly endanger the life of his daughter.
AJ greeted me with a hug like he usually does. A hug. That's the kind of man AJ Taylor is. I should never have gotten with Gabby. I should have just left this life and enjoyed an existence that held no killing. But I was selfish. I wanted someone to spend my life with. As if I ever deserved her.
"I've been hanging out with some of my friends and Gabby doesn't like it. I mean it's not like I come home all hours of the night. She wants me to spend every waking moment with her and I just can't do it," I lied.
"Taj, she's a woman. They need love and attention. Take it from me, I know. Just take her out for a really nice dinner. You know get all dressed up. That new division PV Heights has a really nice restaurant. You should try doing that. Just show her alittle attention," he said.
Rodney walked to the back room. I knew he went to get the rifle.
"Sorry old man. I don't think Taj will be taking that advice," Rodney said.
AJ jumped up and looked at me with a terrified look in his eyes.
"Taj, what's going on? What are you doing?" he asked.
"He's not the one holding the gun. Don't make this harder than it has to be AJ. This isn't Taj's fault. It's not my fault. It's your fault for pissing off who ever you pissed off to end up in this situation," Rodney said.
"Taj, please don't do this. If it's money you need, you know I'll give it to you. However much you need," he said.
"I'm so sorry AJ," I said as Rodney began firing.

After Rodney fired several times, AJ's lifeless body fell to the ground. I couldn't believe it. I sat with my eyes facing forward the whole time. I couldn't bear to watch . Rodney shook me when it was all over and we worked quickly to clean up the scene. The plan was to take his body and the shells and dump them both behind a nearby club. Someone would soon find the body and call the police. And Gabby and her family could give AJ a proper burial.
We came back to Rodney's apartment and neither one of us could say anything. I burst into tears. I'm an awful person. I always have been. Rodney was right. I never thought about the families of the people we killed. It never crossed my mind. How can I go on? How can I go back to Gabby, knowing what I did?
I change back into my work clothes at Rodney's and take a cab home. It's late and I know Gabby is going to want to fight about it. But I'm in no mood for that. I don't even know what I could possibly say to her. I can't even look at her.......
"Where the hell have you been Taj Erikson? And don't give me that shit about the hospital. I called Kyoshi and I know you weren't there," she says.
"You're checking up on me now? How long am I going to pay for the mistakes that jackass Clay made? I'm not him, Gabby!"
"No, you're not. And you're not the man I married either. I don't know what's going on with you, but I'm not going to put up with this Taj."
"Put up with this? Are you even serious? That's laughable Gabriella. I've been putting up with your son taking shots at me every since we started dating! I've done everything I can with that boy and he still treats me like the scum of the earth! So don't tell me what you won't put up with!" I yell. I don't know why I'm doing this to her. She has every right to be mad at me. But I have to keep up appearances.
"No, I won't put up with you lying to me. Coming in here with that dumb ass hat on that you didn't have on when you left. Where have you been Taj?"
"Out. I was out Gabby. I wasn't with another woman, I wasn't out drinking. I was spending time with my brother."
"Your brother? Is this the same brother who you've spent years telling me is no good? Is this the same brother who you yourself said was nothing but trouble? And what the hell is wrong with your cell phone that you couldn't call me to let me know you were ok?" she yelled.
"I don't have time for this shit, Gabby."
Matthew ran out of Kayden's room and started yelling at me.
"You bastard! Don't you ever yell at my mother like that again! You don't go out all night and not call her. See, I could care less what happens to you, but she does. I always knew you were no good," he said.
"Look, Matt. I'm sick of this. You're always on my ass about something, but where is your dad? He left your mom because he didn't want her and he didn't want you," I said. As soon as the words were out, I wished I could take them back.
"I can't believe you just said that. Matt, go get in bed. You have school in the morning. Taj, please get out of my room. I can't stand looking at you right now," Gabby said.
"But, Mom......"
"Go to bed Matt!" she yelled.
Matt walked out after shoving me aside. I followed behind him, no longer wanting to see the hurt I had caused her. And I knew it was only the beginning of her pain.
I changed out of my work clothes and laid down on the couch. My life is over. There's no way that I can go on after this. Gabby hates me. Matt hates me. I'm sure Madison hates me too. I don't know what to do anymore. I figured it would take a few days for them to discover the body. But I was wrong.
I knew it the moment I heard Gabby downstairs screaming.
"Oh, my God no!"

3 comments:

  1. Oh...wow!!! That's freakin' horrible. How in the world can he do this? He shouldn't have even bothered coming back! *shakes head*

    And I've been reading! It's just that I'm still on vacation and stuff and you've been updating like a crazy rabbit so I'm trying to keep up! LOL!!!

    I was NOT expectint this! Great twist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about having him disappear into the night but I have plans for Mr. Erikson. Poor Gabby can't catch a break! The updates will come slower now since I've got up to where I am currently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how awful! I never saw this coming. :(

    ReplyDelete