Welcome

This is my blog madeover to include other residents of Pleasantview as I try my hand at running it from their point of view.

There is a bit of strategic nudity occasionally and I write as I feel the sims would talk so there is also "adult language." (that makes me laugh.....so how adult am I?) Anywho, you've been warned!

Visit homepage of Pleasantview's most prominent famlily: Taylor Family Legacy

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Opening Up the Past

My name is Taj Erikson. I know I usually don't say much, Gabby talks enough for the both of us. But this is about something that she doesn't know anything about. And if I have my way, she never will.
It all started with a visit from my older brother Rodney. I knew when he popped up unannounced that it would be bad news. I agreed to meet him later on in the week and today he called me saying that it was important that he meet today. I thought I had left all this behind......
My life started over again when I met Gabriella Elise Taylor. She was a beautiful woman who had been hurt by a jerk who made her forget what she was worth. She had two beautiful kids who let me into their life, although Matt fought hard against me. I think he can feel that I wasn't always a good person. And now we have a son together named Kayden.
And they are my world now. But it wasn't always this way. I have a past that I was hoping I could run away from. But I think it's about to catch up with me.......
I met Rodney downtown at this seedy little restaurant he picked out.
"What the hell do you want Rodney? And why are you showing up at my house unannounced?" I asked.
"I can't come and see how my little brother is doing?"
"No, because I know that's not what you want. So what is it Rodney?"
"I told you that you wouldn't be able to just leave the life. That they wouldn't let you do it. We've got a slight problem. You more than me."
"Just tell me what is it," I said.
"I talked to 58 a few weeks ago, and he isn't happy with the way things ended."
"I don't know why not. We finished the last job we were assigned. Then we walked away."
"That's the thing. We never told them that we were walking away. They aren't happy about it," he said.
"Well they can kiss my ass. I have a family now, Rodney. A legit job and a good life."
"Doesn't matter. They don't care. I was out at a nightclub when these goons came up to me, pushing me out of the club. They said that 00 had been looking for me and you and that he needed to speak with us immediately. I told him that I didn't know where you were, which was true at the time, and I went to see him on my own."
"What did he say?" I asked,
"Let's go inside," Rodney said.
After we were seated, Rodney continued with his story.
"00 was pretty pissed. He said that the payment we received was for more than the one job we did. He says we owe him."
"Owe him? He only wanted the one job done. Why has no one said anything else? It's been years Rodney. Why now?"
"He's calling in the debt."
"What? Come on Rodney that's ridiculous! It's been years since our last job."
"Doesn't matter. He either wants us to do this for him, or we have to pay back the money. Plus interest."
"Interest?! Rodney, by now we would owe him a million dollars! A piece!" I yelled.
"Yea, I know."
"How can you be so calm? I can't believe this. I don't have a million dollars! And neither do you."
"No, but I'm willing to do this last job."
"I don't live that kind of life any more. I have a son, Rodney. I can't do it."
"You can't do it? What do you think 00 will do to you AND your family when he gets neither the money nor the job done? We don't have a choice. Just because you all of a sudden got a conscience doesn't mean that anyone gives a damn about it. I'll do this on my own if I have to," he said.
"Who's the target?"
"You're not going to like it when you find out. I think I better save that for later. We need to start planning asap. 00 is waiting on the call from me saying that we'll do the job.
"What choice do I have? I can't put Gabby and the kids at risk because of how I used to live my life."
"Good. We can meet in a few days to discuss the particulars. And Taj, remember who you're doing this for. Don't get caught up in who it is. You never used to and you can't now."
At that moment, Brandi Broke walked in and Rodney's mouth fell open. We both remember how bad our last job was. How hard it was to see her struggle with raising her kids, knowing that we were the reason they no longer had a father. It was what made me walk away from it all. And now I was forced back into it.......
I looked at her as she walked out and wondered what she would do if she knew that I was responsible for her husband's death. What she would say if she knew that I was the reason that her life had spiraled downhill. Her face still haunts my dreams at night. I can never make up for what I took from her......never atone for that sin........
I can't believe that I'm doing this again. I can't believe that I've put my family at risk. I hope that I can do this without it touching their lives. That Gabby will never have to know that her husband is murderer............
* I know this is more like a story than a legacy, but sometimes I get bored and use the stories I write to give my sims' lives an interesting twist. So be prepared to hear more on Taj Erikson and his past that has slowly caught up with him. I think you'll find it pretty interesting........I hope so anyway!

1 comment:

  1. I think your legacy already has a kind of story feel about it anyway (as opposed to the commentary style legacies), so this fits in with it pretty well. Sounds really interesting and I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete