Welcome

This is my blog madeover to include other residents of Pleasantview as I try my hand at running it from their point of view.

There is a bit of strategic nudity occasionally and I write as I feel the sims would talk so there is also "adult language." (that makes me laugh.....so how adult am I?) Anywho, you've been warned!

Visit homepage of Pleasantview's most prominent famlily: Taylor Family Legacy

Monday, July 13, 2009

A Day in the Life

Arlena has really gotten into singing and practices all the time with the mic and the amp we got her. She's actually not bad.....maybe she'll be the next Ambrel!
Amara has been hanging out quite a bit with her cousin Madison. They were really close when they were little and Madison still lived with us. After Gabby married Taj and they all moved out, the girls weren't as close. Madison is a few years older than Amara but now they are close once again.
Even Amara thinks that Arlena has what it takes to be a success in music. Her and Madison went downtown to Red's Famous Diner only to find that my dad was eating there too! Nothing worse than running into your grandfather when you're out trying to have fun!
Donte has been hard at work building new buildings for the new subdivision of PV Heights. Pleaseantview is growing so much and this new area will give new families starting out a place to call home. I am so proud of him!
I've been writing articles for the Daily View on fashion. It's a way to earn a little extra money. Amara will be going off to school soon and I want her to be comfortable there. I'm sure she'll get scholarships, but we want her to have a little something extra to take with her.
I get up early in the mornings so that I can open up my boutiques. Today I'm working at RJ Taylor - Pleasantview. I do all of the stocking myself so I like to get there a little early. I think it's time that I hired a manager for one of the stores. I can't be in two places at once!
Adam is a wonder with the customers. He's very cordial and they just love him. Maybe I should just promote him.......but I really want to hire a manager for my store in LaQuest Beach. This store is still in the beginning stages and I still need to be here right now.
While Adam is sweet and kind to the customers, I take the direct approach. I let them know how wonderful they will look in my clothes, or in this gentleman's case, how wonderful his WIFE will look in my clothes!
He agrees with me and ends up buying 3 outfits for his wife! She's going to look lovely in them I'm sure. I love being able to sell items that I created. And I love seeing people who feel better about themselves because they were able to get a new look from me!
Carl is still giving stunning makeovers upstairs. I would have liked for him to screw this one up though. This raven haired homewrecker is none other than Kendra Louie, the awful woman who broke up my parents marriage. I can't believe she has the gall to step foot in my store! But it's ok, I won't sully my reputation over the likes of her!
Yet another employee quit today. The cashier overheard me talking about promoting Adam and insisted that she should be promoted to general manager. She's just a cashier for goodness sakes! Adam has experience in sales which is important. She actually just up and quit in the middle of our busiest time!
I finished ringing up the customers myself and closed up early. I am so tired of this! Now I have to start interviewing people again. I just had to hire a new stylist not long ago! I'll be glad when I get a crew that I can count on!
Amara is growing up so fast. In a few years she'll be off to college. I'm hoping that she will want to major in business and take over the stores for me. She has a good eye for fashion and I know she would be able to take over for me. I'll have to have a talk with her about it.
After the day I had, I was more than happy to come home and snuggle up in the hottub with Donte. He always knows what to say to make me feel better when things go wrong. Hmmmmmm.......maybe the day wasn't so bad after all.......
* I cheated and gave the cashier a gold badge in cashiering because she was going entirely too slow and it was taking forever for her to upgrade. I mean how hard is it to ring up customers? Anyhow I guess I didn't get to her fast enough with the increase in salary because before I could do it she quit! Poor RJ just can't find good help!

1 comment:

  1. They're so uppity, those employees! You have to give them their raise like *seconds* after they get the badge or else they quit in a huff! Makes things difficult when you're not paying attention!

    ReplyDelete