Welcome

This is my blog madeover to include other residents of Pleasantview as I try my hand at running it from their point of view.

There is a bit of strategic nudity occasionally and I write as I feel the sims would talk so there is also "adult language." (that makes me laugh.....so how adult am I?) Anywho, you've been warned!

Visit homepage of Pleasantview's most prominent famlily: Taylor Family Legacy

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Welcome to the View

Ok, so here we ok.....first post in the new format....let me know if it all makes sense....rules and regulations coming soon!

Rotation 1 - August 2009

Robert is 31, Regina is 28, and Jason is 13
Narrated by Robert Harris

I can't believe my luck! I never thought I would leave Simlifornia, but when you're offered the job of mayor, you don't turn that down! I'm Robert Harris, the first mayor of Pleasantview. How can a town exist without a governing body? The president of Simerica wondered it as well! Pleasantview has been around for many years, functioning off of money given to it. But no more! Our great President has decided that a city as big as Pleasantview with as many subdivisions as it has, should have its own governing body and accumulate its own wealth. And that's where I come in!
I'm young, but I've been around politics my whole life and I am so glad that I've gotten this opportunity. One of my first orders of business is to build a city council made up of sims from different departments within the city. You know, education, the police, etc. I'm also enforcing tax laws in which collection of taxes will begin this month. I'm sure I won't be very popular at first because of this, but Pleasantview is broke, and it's not receiving any more handouts!

One of the first sims to come in to pay his taxes was Craig Ray. He's a pretty big figure in the education around here and so I immediately decided to make him the director of education. He's the first official member of city council. He had no real problems with the taxes and said that he understood. Woulda been nice if everyone felt that way!
Most residents were pretty upset with me about them. Rochella Jalise McGaw was one of those people. She owns two stores in two subdivisions and is pretty upset that she can no longer just horde money made from them away. It amazes me that these sims think that life everywhere is like this! Sims pay taxes! It's a part of life! Even I have to pay taxes!
Aiden Taylor also didn't have a problem with the taxes, but he had a request that the city keep a library of all it's residents. His mother passed away a few years back and he wants her life to be on record. Who can argue with that? So Aiden Taylor also joins the City Council as Head Librarian.
Jayla Hammond was pretty nice, although I could tell that she too was upset about having to pay taxes. What were these sims doing with their money? I just don't understand it! She was also concerned that there weren't many community events for the public to enjoy. She wasn't interested in heading that division, but she said it would be right up her boyfriend's alley. I told her to have him call me so we could set up a meeting about him taking on the job.
Gabriella Elise Erikson was concerned with the crime in the city. Her father was murdered and it still hadn't been solved. She had no interest in joining the council on the security side of things, but she was concerned that there were plenty of gyms, but most of them didn't have steady memberships. She wanted to level some of the unnecessary buildings to make room for things we actually need. So I made her in charge of recreation!
I spent an entire day at the newly built city hall (which their tax money will be paying for!) that's located in Carson City. My wife Regina is right now a stay at home mom, but she is studying up on couples counseling and anger management so that she may one day open up a counseling center.
We only have one son, Jason, a pretty level-headed young man. He's 13 so the hormones haven't started raging too badly! You may notice that Regina is only 28 and wonder how we could already have a son that is 13, it's because we had him at a very early age. Regina stayed at home with him and her parents until I graduated from college and then we got a place together and I began working in politics. Regina has been talking alot about having another baby lately. Right now, I just want to get the city where it needs to be. I'm going to be pretty busy for these next few years!
We had plently of neighbors who stopped by to wish us well and to offer suggestions on things that Pleasantview needed. They are pretty quick to ask for things but no one wants to spend any money!
Jason't hormones aren't raging, but every now and then they take a peek out! He's becoming more and more interested in girls, although sometimes they aren't really interested in him......poor boy, he doesn't know this is only the beginning of being confused by the female species!
I work from home as much as I can right now, but that will change once I get a full staff going. I think Pleasantview will be ok if the citizens take an interest in what happens to them.
Jason started school here and found that he was actually a bit behind. This surprised me a little, but I've been helping him with his homework when I can so he should catch up soon.....
Our lives have changed so much since moving here, but the move has made us so much closer as a family. I think this may be the start of something wonderful.......
* I think this is going to be really fun! Is it doable? Can I take an existing hood and turn it around? I guess we'll see!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! I'm still getting caught up (almost there!), but I wanted to pop in and say that taking on a hood is big business! But definitely fun. Hope you're enjoying the new system. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't I know it, Mao! I've always just kind of given them money and played it that way, but it gets very boring. With this, there are things to keep track of and actual goals to work towards. I love it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, sure, you can do it! It's so much fun playing a whole hood, and I find making up laws and fees and all that to be really fun also. Looks like you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete