Welcome

This is my blog madeover to include other residents of Pleasantview as I try my hand at running it from their point of view.

There is a bit of strategic nudity occasionally and I write as I feel the sims would talk so there is also "adult language." (that makes me laugh.....so how adult am I?) Anywho, you've been warned!

Visit homepage of Pleasantview's most prominent famlily: Taylor Family Legacy

Monday, May 25, 2009

Vacation Time!

So after my wedding to Taj we decided to do a family vacation instead of a traditional honeymoon. Matthew was already having a problem adjusting to Taj's new role as his step-dad and we thought this would be this best way to break all the tension. We decided to spend a couple of days on Twikki Island.

Our first stop was the ancient temple ruins. Matthew was in a bad mood when we arrived and announced that he didn't want to go and stayed at the hotel. It breaks my heart that he acts this way towards Taj and hopefully after he meets his father he will behave a little better.....I just have to talk to Clay first and work out some ground rules about their meeting.

Madison absolutely adores Taj and he feels the same way about her......its really great to see him with her. She needed a positive male influence and Taj has given her that.....they are the best of friends now.
The temple ruins were very cool and the waterfall was gorgeous. It was just a really excellent sight to see and I was sad that Matthew missed it. Maybe once he was not acting bratty we could bring him back to see it before we leave.
Once we got back Madison got her brother out of his room and involved in a spirited game of tag. It was good to see him laugh and have a good time, even if it didn't involve Taj.

They were running around whispering and laughing and generally having a great time. I decided that the temple ruins was enough sight seeing for one day and decided to spend the remainder of the day at the hotel.
Me and Taj got a little alone time while the kids were out playing. I really love this man! Although I was sure that I wouldn't want anymore kids after the twins were born, I was thinking of having another baby. Taj was great with the twins, but he deserved to have a child with his features and that shared his bloodline......

Matthew loves hammocks! I was thinking of putting one in our backyard for him. He played on it all the time when we were living with RJ. I didn't want to start bribing him, but I also wanted him to be happy. I knew what it was like to have parents that split. My mom and dad divorced when I was a teen and were recently remarried. But adjustments had to be made and he had to realize that me and Clay would never be together again.

I started the next day with a relaxing hot stone massage. I knew that it would be a long day and wanted to start it off as relaxed as possible!

We went down to the beach and Taj grilled some hamburgers. He brought up the subject of kids, which I knew would come about eventually. I told him that it was a bit soon for baby talk but I was very willing to give him a child of his own. He said that he wasn't trying to rush me, he just wanted to know where I stood on the issue.......great guy, huh?

While we were making baby talk, the twins were having fun swimming around in ocean. They even had a little contest, which Madison won. She was an excellent swimmer and I knew she would be joining the swim team once she started high school.

After the beach, we decided to take a helicopter ride over the island. Matthew wasn't too keen on the noise from the blades! None of us were. It was a great ride that went smoothly with no problems.....we even found an old map!

That night I actually got Matthew to sit down and have dinner with me and Taj. All he talked about was how he wished his dad was here. I told him to be careful what he wished for and promised him that once we got back I would introduce him to his father and that seemed to appease him. There was no more talk of Clay, and for that I was VERY grateful!

Taj was feeling the weight of the day and decided to take a sit in the sauna. I knew that Matthew's rejection hurt him, even though he insisted that it was ok. I was afraid it would only get worse when Matt became a teen.

Madison was having a ball and wasn't even thinking about meeting her father. As far as she was concerned, Taj was her dad and she was happy with that. She took this opportunity to jump on the hotel beds since I always yelled at her for jumping on her bed at home. I had to remind her that if she broke it, we had to buy it!
That last night was really magical. Taj was such a sweet and gentle person and I loved every minute of the time we shared together. He would be a really great dad.

And so sadly, our vacation is over. Now it's time to head back to real life and real problems. I just hope that Clay isn't unreasonable and that this meeting with him and the kids goes smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment